Back in the saddle, a new year

Well HELLO 2015 and a new year!

It’s been a while since I’ve added anything to this blog. It’s not that my reading and research have been on hiatus, it’s more that things have become rather messy as the notes and papers have compiled and I was daunted at getting that heap of words and theories and the growing, increasingly tangled mass of ideas into a succinct, mashable format, fit for, god-forbid, reading by the public (when it was hard enough to even submit to my professor!).

Well, maybe it’s time to update and write again.

A friend told me about an experimental course happening at Thompson Rivers University in January, all full of things I’m rather a fan of: a new open (yes), online (yes), narrative- (yes), visual- (yes) story-telling (yes, yes!) course that will be available, well, for anyone.

The course hit all the “try me! try me!” buttons, but I wasn’t (still not) sure how to allocate time to this new course versus working on my remaining grad work.

I had a conversation with one of the course moderators/instructors, and he mentioned that the narrative aspect may fit well into my encapsulating/summarizing/sharing of the PROCESS of my current research, and maybe sharing the findings, if I wanted to make an online portfolio. This sounds do-able, This sounds like something that I could do in adjunct to my work, but that wouldn’t take me TOO much off course.

The (academic? knowledge-seeking? knowledge-building?) path is right in front of me. It just SEEMS like the end goal is far away and a bit unclear. But I want to clarify the process of DOING the work. Maybe the thinking/writing/shaping/sharing exercises in this course will help with this.