CHANGE!

How I’m feeling about blogging!

Change….it happens whether you want it to or not.  For the most part I feel I deal fairly well with it, but lately I’ve been struggling with it.  Change has been coming at us fast and furious.  Some of the changes have been great, and I love it.  Others…well, others have been more challenging.

Having to create this blog, for example. Is a change I’m still struggling with.  What do I write about?  What will be interesting to others to read?  How can I make this relevant, and therefore interesting, to myself?  I have tried in the past a blog about eating Paleo, but as I started to struggle with trying to follow that way of life my blog fell apart.  I tried just a general blog about life, but don’t feel my life is that interesting (who really wants to read a blog on how I made dinner for my family after work and played with my daughter) so that one fell apart quickly.  Plus, I like something with focus and not random tidbits about anything.

I’m not a writer.  English was always one of my worst subjects (although better than P.E.!).  I’m a math girl. I love the concrete, the tangible, the “it’s right or it’s wrong” concept.  Writing/English is to fluffy for me.  I’m direct, straight-forward and don’t like trying to create fluff, or add humour or anything of that sort. I enjoy reading it in others posts, but cannot come up with things myself (if I do it’s rare and usually an accident).

Yes I do!
Yes I do!

Maybe I create a math blog and just put a bunch of algebraic equations up here, or spreadsheets. I’d have fun just trying to work that out!  It’s a passion that I feel makes me great at my job. Oh all the spreadsheets I get to create and maintain!  I love it and take such pleasure from it and it’s making me happier just thinking about it right now…

Hmm…time to think of how I can put something like that in a blog post now….