going live

posted in: Highlight Reel | 0

I’ve been slowly moving the structure that I’ve started here over to my main site at merelearning.ca. It has been good to have this spot to test things out, work out some theme kinks and quirks and just figure out how this thing can all work together.

I have a couple of presentations coming up and I’m experimenting with building the supporting visuals here on the blog using the ‘one page’ idea that is common on many contemporary sites. My presentation at the TRU Teaching Practices Colloquium will be on the faculty development course that I designed for TRU faculty and some of the things I’ve learned in developing in WordPress using the LearnDash plugin. You can see my preliminary ideas at http://merelearning.ca/teaching/communities-to-ignite-learning/.

The first row in the presentation takes a while to load as it is a 6MB video file, so I’ll have to work on getting a smaller video in there.

My hope is that using WP to host these presentations will create a series of lasting resources after the fact. I’ll also be able to use widgets to pull in updated posts, tweets, categories, and other items over time, meaning that the presentation will be automagically updated over time.

I’ve hidden some of the items in the main menu as they currently don’t go anywhere, but as they get built, I’ll update.

In other news, new pix uploaded to Flickr. Well, not really new as some of them are a decade old, but they are new to you.

creative commons licensed ( BY-NC-SA ) flickr photo shared by CulturalVertigo